About Jet Fighters International
Jet Fighters International, Inc. was formed in 2001 and has been in business to do the following:
- Initially and for several years thereafter, the company was involved in buying, selling and brokering Aero Vodochody L-39C Aircraft.
- Then in 2006, Jet Fighters International, Inc. was privileged to receive the first FAA Accepted Training Program for the L-39C Jet Fighter Aircraft from Washington, DC. This very specialized program allows us to do the following:
- Initial/Discovery Flight Training so that you may experience what it’s like to fly a Jet Fighter;
- Recurrent Training;
- Instrument Competency Training;
- Biennial Flight Review Training;
- Providing Ground and Flight Training for Type Ratings in the L-39C Jet Fighter Aircraft;
- Upset Training for private, commercial, corporate or airline transport pilots.
- Since company inception, we have participated in numerous and various Airshows all around the United States.
- Performed Flight for Special Operations JCMD (Joint Cruise Missile Defense)/Department of the Navy in Florida at Key West NAS/Boca Chica.
- Our L-39C Jet Fighter Aircraft N57XX is based at W Aviation, LLC FBO at the Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) Airport.
Gary Solkovits Legendary L-39 Pilot
Gary’s flying career started in Chicago where he received his Private Pilot Certificate, Commercial Pilot and Certified Flight Instructor (CFIA) Ratings while attending college. For the next several years, he then worked as Manager and Chief Flight Instructor for a large Flying Club having 110 Pilots with 10 aircraft and trained hundreds of pilots to fly.
He then went on to obtain his Instrument Rating, Instrument Instructor (CFII), Airplane Multi-engine Land (AMEL), Seaplane (ASES), Basic Ground Instructor (BGI), Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI) and Instrument Ground Instructor (IGI) and Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Ratings. At this point, Gary had instructed in and flown approximately 55 different makes and models of aircraft.
After finishing college, Gary built a Pitts Special S1S and flew it for many years in numerous and various Airshows and Aerobatic Competitions. Several years later, he moved to Florida and took his Pitts Special with him.
Gary then was trained and became a Part 135 Charter Pilot for the following Air Charter Companies:
- Hop-A-Jet: Flew Learjet 25’s and 35’s and was personally trained by Harvey Hop;
- Aero Group: Flew Learjet 24’s and 25’s;
- Jet America: Flew Learjet 24’s under 2 year Military Contract with NASA and Gary’s responsibility was to confirm with Mission Control that the weather was acceptable prior to launch for the unmanned Spacecraft at Kennedy Space Center;
- True North: Flew Learjet 25’s and 35’s;
- Creston Aviation, Inc.: Flew Learjet 25’s and 35’s;
- Private Investor: Flew Learjet 35.
Additionally, he has flown the following Corporate Jets:
- Cessna Citation 501SP;
- Cessna Citation Jet;
- Cessna Citation Mustang;
- Eclipse 500;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.760 Paris Jet;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.760 Paris Jet II;
- Prototype Jet: Bede BD-10.
Gary’s experience in flying Jet Fighters:
- Aero L-39C Albatros (Type Rated in AV-L39) also (Authorized Instructor in AV-L39);
- Aero L-39ZO Albatros;
- Lockheed T33;
- Canadair CL-41G Tebuan;
- Fouga CM.170 Magister.
He has flown the Aero L-39C Albatros as Performer and Jet Lead at the EAA AirVenture Airshow at Oshkosh, Wisconsin for many years and also has Performed at numerous and various Airshows around the USA.
Safety is Gary’s Number 1 Priority. He has an impeccable Safety Record because he has never had an accident or violation in all of his years and thousands of hours of flying!